Tuesday, May 20, 2008

I'm extremely grateful

It has been just over a week since the Republican State Convention and I still have a smile on my face from ear-to-ear. The results were very satisfying and yet our work is just beginning.

I get quite a few questions about the other competitors in the race, but my focus continues to be on the issues and my desire to return the Republican Party to its core conservative roots. David Leavitt and Joe Ferguson are fine men. It was a very competitive race. Yet, I think we ultimately won at Convention because we focused passionately on the issues that matter most to Republicans. I am proud of the campaign we are running and of the hundreds of volunteers who have stepped up to support my candidacy.

Now we are focused on leveraging our volunteers to share our message with the masses. Thursday night (selected because American Idol wasn't on and the Jazz were not playing) we had well over 100 people at my house to get organized and discuss strategy. We broke into groups and had in-depth discussions about the next phase of the campaign. We need all the help we can get, so come join us! Thanks to everyone who is already on board and helping!

Earlier today I was pleased to have www.usenglish.org recognize my pledge to sponsor legislation to confirm English as the official language of the United States America. Click http://www.usenglish.org/view/333?state=UT to see how they rank the Congressmen from Utah. Cannon gets a "C" as does Matheson. Bishop gets an "A" from this organization.

5 comments:

Janice said...

Thank you, Jason, for staying on the issues. Everything I hear from people who haven't yet decided they will give you their vote is a regurgitation of something they have heard (probably from the other campaigns) and usually is either not true, VERY old news, or not issue related. As I point out the facts of your campaign and my personal knowlege of your integrity, your hard work, your stance on the issues, they start thinking -- what a concept a voter who thinks about his vote!

Casey said...

It has been so refreshing to be able to work in this campaign. The candidate and the volunteers have revitalized my faith in the system.

Chaffetz and the campaign manager(Jennfier Scott)convinced me to stand up and take a stand. There are many more that have done so, and hopefully many more to come.

BigAl236 said...

Thanks, Jason!

You're right on the issues, that's why Cannon would have us chasing red herrings.

Adam said...

Utah needs and deserves the kind of integrity in leadership that has been lost on the rhetoric and smoke bantered about by those that would call themselves statesmen and leaders, but whose actions are ambiguous, emotional and empty. Utah needs and deserves leadership that practice what they preach, that gives straight answers to direct questions, that will represent Utah values and interests, that is why I strongly endorse Jason.

Unknown said...

Jason, update your blog. :) I'd love to hear even short snippets from you.

Holly