Saturday, June 14, 2008

Humbled by your selfless service to my campaign

I can't emphasize enough how much it means to me to have so many individuals contribute time and money to my campaign. I came into this race hoping to prove that it's possible to go to Congress on behalf of people instead of special interests. You have helped me make that point. With over 400 individual contributors to my campaign, I don't have to cater to special interest groups. I am beholden to you. And that's exactly how it should be.

I'm humbled by the dedication of hundreds of volunteers who have made great sacrifices to help us make a change in Washington. When I win this race, I will have the residents of Utah's Third District to thank. They, more than any lobbyist, interest group or PAC, have fueled my campaign. It's been gratifying to see people come together, develop friendships, fight for what they believe in, and see their efforts succeed. I have great faith in the voters of this great state. Together, we can win. Together we can send a message to Washington that they must do better. I feel a great responsibility to take that message to Washington. Thank you for your support!

Jason Chaffetz

5 comments:

Connie Smith said...

It has been an honor to be associated with this campaign for the past year. I believe what we are doing in supporting you is good and right. I am so excited to have a congressman that will listen to "little ol me" and what is important in my life. Just that thought makes is easy, not a sacrifice, to work as hard as I possibly can to get you elected. Thank you for your courage and willingness to raise you hand and throw your hat into this very messed up political ring.

Unknown said...

Jason, I feel the same way Connie does, except I haven't been involved for a year. Darn! It's been a pleasure to work hard. :) I imagine this last week will be the ugliest yet and that's disheartening because I'm afraid people won't take the time to actually check facts or do any research.
So here's to another week of hard work, lots of talking and crossed fingers!

Fe2O3 said...

Jason -
You've run a great campaign. You've stayed on issues and have encouraged us as volunteers to stay on the high road. I have been cynical in the past and often thought ideals like "true grassroots campaigns" and "winning on message not money" were just unreachable ideals given todays politics. You have proved that the ideals are still valid even in a jaded political landscape, and that people are willing to step up for the right candidate. It has been a pleasure helping out where I could. Best of luck on Tuesday, even though luck will have nothing to do with it.

Utah said...

Jason,
I spent more time on this than I expected. With the ads runing just before the primary vote, I tried real hard to make sure the info you had the State GOP forward to those on their email list, show up in the major news stories comments area, for all to read. Particular not was the 4 reasons someone should vote for you, even though you live in Alpine.

Utah said...

"Particular not was" should be "Of particular note was"